Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friends and/or Relationships

This idea for a post popped in my head randomly as I was walking from class the other day [actually some months ago… just never posted it lol]

You always hear that the best relationships come from friendship… lately I’ve been wondering if that is true or not. Many people know that I have never officially had a boyfriend, so I’m clearly not an expert on relationships. I have a lot of male friends, some I could NEVER picture myself with romantically. There are others who I wish would give me a chance in a relationship. Then I think ”hmmm. Is that the best idea?” What if our relationship doesn’t last? And let’s be real… I’m 20 yrs old in college [well im 21 now, but you get the point].. How many relationships last for a long time? My fear is after we have entered into a relationship and break up, will we be able to maintain that friendship that we had before?

The flip side of it is I don’t want to meet a new guy and get serious too soon. Most of the dudes I have talked to have asked me to be their girlfriend after a few days of knowing each other. Ive said no because I felt like we didn’t kno each other good enough to be “boyfriend/girlfriend”

How do you feel about getting into relationships with your friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment